Saturday, May 5, 2012

Neilly sur Seine in France

During my stay over seas, most of the time I was alone. During my 12 year-stay in France I used to rent a room in Neuilly sur Seine, near Bagatelle, a very nice suburb of Paris. There is a man made lake nearby and a botanical garden, full of different colored tulips and I think a hundred varieties of roses. As I remember, during spring many people just come to the beautiful parks of Neuilly. There is also an area where they can practise football.

Every spring until summer, I used to bring my niece to Jardins des Acclimation. We were playing and riding on the caterpillar, train that encircles the jardins and the other rides that were available. We also used to have picnic there near at the man-made lake and just spent quietly sleeping under the shades of the tree or were just playing cards or other sort of games. We did play and eat alternately.

Aside from the beautiful scenery, Neuilly sur Seine is considered the millionaires' place .Majority of the residents own their big beautiful houses and majority of the residents are dignitaries. This  rich neighborhood  is also where the American Hospital  located. On the other side, there is a part of the river where the boat houses are allowed to stay. As we all know the French people are also adventurous. Some preferred to live in the boat houses. Neuilly Sur Seine is a beautiful  place to stay and to visit..

No comments:

Post a Comment