Saturday, May 5, 2012

I must listen

One day, when I was working in Israel as a caregiver, my boss asked me to make some errands. She told me to pass by the bank where her son was working, to get some money and to buy things for the house. She changed her mind later and she asked me instead to go to a smaller market-store to buy for our need and to pass at the health center to buy her medicines. Instead of going to buy at the store, I changed my mind, after buying her medicines. I decided to go to the city to do  the shopping there.vI wanted to go to the city with my intention to pass by at the bank to get some money from her son. I did this for fear that she might not give my weekly allowance for my day-off.

While waiting for the bus heading to the city, there was a battle in my mind. Whether I proceed to go to the city or just go to the nearby department store. I, then decided to board the bus going to the city.

It was already 12 o'clock at midday  and the bank was already closed so I wasn't able to meet her son. I didn't want to wait another hour because I was already hungry and tired. It was the Jewish Feast of Succoth or Feast of Booth or Feast of Tabernacles, so the the city was crowded and oh, every where I can see the trash the people threw.

On my way going to get the bus, I was walking at the edge of the road, I just didn't notice a long,transparent plastic and I stepped on it. With my back pack full of fruits and vegetables, and  a plastic bag each in my hands. I was out balanced and I fell forward and my body and back pack weight over my leg and foot.And after that, my foot became numbed so I already knew that it was broken.

The lesson I learned from this incident is that, I must be sensitive enough to the warning of the Holy Spirit. He used my boss to warn me, but instead I ignored Him and I suffered the consequence of being insensitive to the warning signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment