Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gardening as my hobby and exercise

Gardening is a good form of exercise and with lots of benefits like the pleasure of having a green thumb,  a good reason to stay under the early sunshine and a good source of FAITH=Food Always In The Home. My parents are farmers. Since my childhood I was already exposed in hard agricultural work and in tending and pasturing our animals. So no wonder that gardening is also a passion to me. I have 1000- sq.meter plot and 80 square meter is where my house built. So there is a remaining of more or less 800 sq.meters to plant both fruit bearing and flower bearing plants. I always divide my time with all my works like tending my goats, feeding my fowls and my other household chores like cooking, washing my laundry and house keeping. Everyday, except when I go out to buy for my necessity, I spend my time planting and watering my plants.

 It gives a smile on my face when I can already see my plants  start to bear fruits, or my flower bearing plants start to show buds of flowers.I just enjoy giving some energy in planting than just sitting in front of the computer. Besides the pleasure of gardening, the vegetables give me more fresh fruits because most of them are organic.

The vegetables that are easiest to plant but yield more vitamins are malunggay and sweet potatoes. In the Philippines, we eat the sweet potatoe tops. We boiled and make a salad out of it.We also mix or cooked with stewed pork meat or beef or even with fish.

Gardening is a form of exercise with good benefits because it takes a lot of movements to do so. Sweating a lot can drain the toxic we have in our bodies. It is fun to dig soil and it is far better than to stay overtime in front of the computer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment